Future Women Pty Ltd ABN 84 613 288 403 (we, us, our, or Future Women) recognises and values the protection of your privacy. We also understand that you want clarity about how we manage the personal information that you provide us with.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
The type of personal information we collect will vary depending on the nature of your dealings with us. We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for our business activities, or which is volunteered to us. When you sign up to become a Future Women member via our website, which is located at www.futurewomen.com (the Website), we will usually only ask for the following information: your name, address (postal and email), contact details, geographic location (including your suburb or post code), gender, date of birth, professional profile information, details relating to employment or professional positions held, activity and transaction details relating to your use of our products and services and any preferences you tell us about.
We may collect your personal information over the internet, over the phone, when you write to us, when you create an account with us, when you send us an email, when you use any part of our Website, when you attend an event or program run by us or when you participate in a survey, questionnaire, competition or other marketing campaign run by us or our partners.
From time to time, we may ask you to supply additional personal information for specific purposes. In such cases, we will clearly explain why we request that information and unless we are required or authorised by law to request that information from you, providing such information to us is optional. However, if you do not provide your personal information to us we may not be able to contact you or give you access to the additional benefits.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may access information, including personal information, about you across the Nine Entertainment Co. group of companies and from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing companies, Microsoft Products, third party websites and ad targeting companies) and supplement the information we collect with information obtained from those third party sources.
When you connect with us through social networking services, you will be able to see the social sharing habits of your friends and connections and participate seamlessly in our social capabilities, including commenting, live blogging, reactions, ratings, gaming mechanics and sharing content. You can connect us to your third party social networking service by downloading an application and logging into the application. By connecting with us through these third-party social networking services, you are authorising us to access and use certain information from your social network profile.
If we do not collect your personal information in the ways we have described above, we may not be able to provide you with our products and/or services that you have requested.
HOW WILL WE USE AND/OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, we only use or disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another related secondary purpose, unless you have provided your consent for us to use it for another purpose. We take appropriate measures to ensure that all processing of your personal information by us, or by our service providers, is lawful. The lawful basis for the processing of your personal information will depend on the purposes for which we process your information. Much of the personal information we collect from you is necessary for us to provide our products and services to you. This includes most of the information you provide to us when setting up a membership account. Some of the processing we conduct is necessary in pursuit of our legitimate interests in developing our Website and services and ensuring that they deliver relevant and focused content to you.
We may use or disclose your personal information for the following primary purposes:
- providing you with news and information about our products and services (including newsletters, product surveys and special offers);
- purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of our services and functions;
- operating and improving our Website, products and services, including but not limited to ensuring the proper functioning of our Website and the Future Women business and customising and improving your online experience with us;
- providing you with more effective customer service;
- enabling us to conduct customer research;
- personalising your experience with our products and services, for example through connectivity with social media services;
- to allow you to contact and be contacted by other Future Women members via the platform for networking purposes;
- making our Website, services or products easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
- displaying content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences, including by using aggregated information received from across the Nine Entertainment Co websites and other third parties;
- sending marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in and otherwise communicating with you about our products and services;
- to assist Future Women with our marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
- conducting competitions or promotions either ourselves or by selected third parties;
- verifying your identity;
- to allow you to log in or otherwise access products and/or services owned by us;
- communicating with you, including by email, mail or telephone.
- investigating any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our Terms of Service or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- using personal information as otherwise required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the above purposes, including to:
- other Future Women members so that they can contact you via the Website for networking purposes;
- our related entities, including the Nine Entertainment Co. group of companies;
- third parties engaged to provide goods or services to us or to you; and
- third parties where you have consented to such disclosure.
Other information, including anonymous data collected via your interaction with our websites and third party sites (where we provide website analytics tools or deliver advertisements) using technologies such as cookies and web beacons (described below) may be sold or otherwise provided by us to third parties including our partners, clients and service providers for purposes including (but not limited to) data-matching, campaign analysis, selling aggregated anonymous data via advertising exchanges, conducting launch surveys, and modelling.
WHAT MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS WILL YOU RECIEVE?
In certain contexts when we collect information from you, you may be asked to “opt in” to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information. For example, you may be asked to opt-in to receive further information or communications from our advertisers and partners.
If you receive communications purporting to be connected with us or our services that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us.
COOKING AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES NOTICE
Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. We use the following types of cookies and other similar tracking technologies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that allow you to sign in and use our services and remember you when you log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytics cookies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites. Some of the tools we use only provide us with information about trends and aggregate user behaviour. Other tools we use enable us to see how each visitor engaged with our website. For example, we will be able to see what you clicked on and how you navigated through our websites. We use this information to better understand how our visitors use our websites, so that we may make the necessary improvements to enhance our visitors’ experience in the future. We do not attempt to identify you with this information.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our services and to allow us to personalise our content for you, for example, by remembering your preferences.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the content and advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We also use this information to determine the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Social media cookies: We use these cookies when you connect and share our content and information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our website to keep track of the way end-customers engage with and share our content. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our websites and services, and some advertising preferences may not be able to be respected. If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted.
Our websites may also contain electronic images known as “web beacons” – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our sites and allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We may use web beacons to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon, or from third parties in order to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations. We prohibit web beacons on our websites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information. We may work with other companies that advertise with us to place their web beacons on our websites in order to allow us to gather statistics and better target advertisements.
Many of the websites and services we offer are supported by advertising. We may display advertisements on our websites and the sites of our advertising partners. When we display online advertisements to you, we will place cookies on your computer in order to recognise your computer each time we display an advertisement. The cookies we use for advertising have an expiry date of no more than two years. We are able to compile information over time about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements we display. We use this information to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display targeted advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also associate this information with your visit, purchase or other activity on participating advertiser’s websites in order to display targeted advertisements or to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
DISPLAY OF ADVERTISEMENTS
Our Website and services we offer may be supported by advertising. We may display advertisements for our advertising partners on our Website. When we display online advertisements to you, we will place cookies on your computer in order to recognise your computer each time we display an advertisement. The cookies we use for advertising have an expiry date of no more than two years. We are able to compile information over time about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements we display. We use this information to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display targeted advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also associate this information with your visit, purchase or other activity on participating advertiser’s websites in order to display targeted advertisements or to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
YOUR ADVERTISING CHOICES
When we display interest-based advertising, we take a number of steps designed to protect your privacy. Page views, clicks and search terms used for ad targeting are stored separately from your contact information or other data that directly identifies you. We use interest-based advertising to make the ads you see on our network more relevant to you. Online advertisements on our websites are served by ad servers and exchanges.
PUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information you choose to make publicly available on our Website, for example, by posting comments on any of our pages, will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on our Website, other users may have already saved or downloaded that information, and copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our Website.
SECURITY AND MANAGEMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. It is our policy to ensure that all employees understand and take reasonable steps to keep personal information secure.
We also impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties as to how they store, handle and deal with personal information.
CROSS-BORDER DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important to note that, by becoming a Future Women member or by using the Website, you consent to your data, including your personal information being transferred to data centres located outside of Australia.
We use an outside platform, and a third party credit card processing company, to bill you if you purchase services, including but not limited to, the online purchase of a Future Women membership.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMAITON
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to request access to the personal information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise your right under the Privacy Act to seek access to the personal information that we hold about you, we ask that you contact us.
We will endeavour to acknowledge your request for access within 7 days and to provide you with access within 30 days of the date of receipt of your request. We will notify you if we consider it will take longer than 30 days to provide you with access. If you seek access to records held by us which are not current records, we will need to contact you to discuss your request, it may take a longer period of time to locate these records and that we may charge you a nominal administrative fee for the cost of providing access.
CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, not relevant or misleading.
- Privacy Officer, 24 Artarmon Road, Willoughby, NSW, 2068, [email protected].
All complaints received will be assessed by the Privacy Officer and all reasonable steps (if any) will be taken to remedy the complaint. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receipt of the complaint by our Privacy Officer. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.